Stir until lumps disappear with a wire whisk. let batter stand 3-4 minutes to thicken.
Walnut Pancakes with Cranberry Syrup
Recipe Yield: 12 pancakes
What You'll Need
- Cranberry Syrup:
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Walnut Pancakes:
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima® Complete or Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped, toasted*
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups water
What You'll Do
|1||For cranberry syrup, combine syrup and dried cranberries in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, uncovered.|
|2||Reduce heat to low and simmer 8-10 minutes or until fruit is softened. Keep warm.|
|3||For walnut pancakes, add pancake mix to medium bowl. Add walnuts and cinnamon, stir until well combined.|
|4||Add water using wire whisk. Mix just until large lumps disappear. Proceed as package directs.|
|5||Serve with warm Cranberry Syrup.|
Cooking Tips & Variations
- To use Aunt Jemima® Original or Buttermilk Original Pancake & Waffle Mix, prepare mix according to package directions for 10-12 pancakes. Add 1/4 cup walnuts and 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon to mix. Proceed as recipe directs.
- Fresh Cranberries: Substitute 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries for dried cranberries. Combine cranberries and syrup in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, covered, 5 minutes or until cranberries burst. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- To toast walnuts, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread walnuts in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Aunt Jemima® Complete Pancake & Waffle mix was used for the nutritional analysis
- This recipe was contributed by a loyal consumer and tested by a professional home economist.
Calories: 400, Calories from Fat: 80, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 560mg, Total Carbohydrate: 76g, Sugars: 36g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Protein: 7g
Secrets to Perfect Pancakes
Other than egg substitute, there is no substitution for the eggs.