Check the freshness date on the package. Pancakes won't rise properly if the leavening is outdated.
Oaty Pear ‘N Pecan Pancakes
Recipe Yield: 4 TO 6 (12 pancakes)
What You'll Need
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima original pancake & waffle mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium firm-ripe pear, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup Quaker® oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons chopped, toasted pecans
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Aunt Jemima lite syrup, warmed
- Pear slices, if desired
- Toasted chopped pecans, if desired
What You'll Do
|1||In large bowl, stir together pancake mix and cinnamon. In medium bowl, combine milk, egg and oil until blended. Add to pancake mix, stirring with wire whisk just until combined. Gently stir in pears, oats and pecans. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes to thicken.|
|2||Cook pancakes on hot griddle according to package directions.|
|3||Serve with maple syrup and, if desired, pear slices and additional pecans.|
Cooking Tips & Variations
To toast pecan halves, bake on baking sheet in preheated 350ºF oven until fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Or, spread in single layer on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Cool and chop.
Calories: 360, Calories from Fat: 90, Total Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 690mg, Total Carbohydrate: 58g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Protein: 10g
Secrets to Perfect Pancakes
Other than egg substitute, there is no substitution for the eggs.