Combine all ingredients according to package directions. Add COLD water for extra light & fluffy pancakes.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Recipe Yield: 4 pancakes
What You'll Need
- 2 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest (from about 2-3 lemons)
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima Original pancake mix
- Cooking spray, for cooking
- Aunt Jemima pancake syrup and butter, for serving
What You'll Do
|1||In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, ricotta cheese, lemon zest and juice, melted butter, milk, and vanilla until combined. Add pancake mix and stir until just incorporated.|
|2||In another bowl, beat egg whites with a whisk until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, gently fold egg whites into the batter until just combined. Do not overmix; batter will be lumpy.|
|3||Heat a griddle over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Working in batches, ladle ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top and the pancakes are golden underneath, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook for about 2 minute more.|
|4||Serve immediately with warmed syrup and butter.|
Cooking Tips & Variations
- I prefer whole or part-skim ricotta cheese. Depending on the amount of moisture in your ricotta cheese, you might need to add more milk if the batter is too thick.
Secrets to Perfect Pancakes
Remember to add your favorite Aunt Jemima® Syrup for a rich & tasty flavor!