Check the freshness date on the package. Pancakes won't rise properly if the leavening is outdated.
Dad's Quaker Panny-Cakes
Recipe Yield: 12 pancakes
What You'll Need
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima® Complete or Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 packet Quaker® Instant Oatmeal, uncooked, any flavor
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup
What You'll Do
|1||In medium bowl, combine mix and oatmeal.|
|2||Add water; stir with wire whisk until large lumps disappear.|
|3||Prepare pancakes according to package directions.|
|4||Serve warm with Aunt Jemima® Syrup.|
Cooking Tips & Variations
- To use Aunt Jemima® Original or Buttermilk Original Pancake & Waffle Mix, prepare mix according to package directions for 10-12 pancakes. Add 1 packet Quaker Instant Oatmeal to pancake mix. Proceed as recipe directs.
- Aunt Jemima® Complete Pancake & Waffle mix and Maple Brown Sugar Quaker® Instant Oatmeal were used for the nutritional analysis
- "Pancakes-On-The-Go": Cool pancakes slightly and place in a re-sealable bag. No syrup required!
- This recipe was contributed by a loyal consumer and tested by a professional home economist.
- To freeze, cool pancakes completely on a cooling rack. Place 2 pancakes in a freezer safe resealable bag and freeze. When ready to eat, place pancakes side by side on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high, uncovered for 40-50 seconds or until hot.
Calories: 400, Calories from Fat: 25, Total Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 640mg, Total Carbohydrate: 89g, Sugars: 41g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: , Calcium: , Iron:
Secrets to Perfect Pancakes
Milk can be substituted for water in Aunt Jemima® complete mixes.