Creamy Maple Cranberry Oatmeal
Recipe Yield: 4
What You'll Need
- 3-1/2 cups fat-free or low-fat milk
- 2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup, regular or light
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
What You'll Do
|1||In medium saucepan, bring milk to a gentle boil. (Watch carefully.) Stir in oats, cranberries and Aunt Jemima® Syrup. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of milk is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Let stand until desired consistency. Stir in wheat germ.|
|2||Spoon oatmeal into four cereal bowls. Drizzle with additional syrup, if desired. Serve with milk or yogurt, if desired.|
Cooking Tips & Variations
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In 3-quart microwaveable bowl, combine all ingredients except wheat germ. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 7 minutes for quick oats and 9 to 10 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of liquid is absorbed. Let stand until desired consistency. Stir in wheat germ.
- Freeze single servings of cooked oatmeal in small resealable freezer bags. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Transfer to microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on DEFROST until hot, stirring once or twice.
Calories: 360, Calories from Fat: 32, Total Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 130mg, Total Carbohydrate: 71g, Sugars: 33g, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Protein: 15g, Trans Fat: 0g