Turn the pancakes when they begin to bubble and the bottoms are golden brown. Turn only once.
Cream Cheese Pancakes with Cran-Apricot Syrup
Recipe Yield: 14 pancakes
What You'll Need
- Cran-Apricot Syrup:
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, snipped or chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Cream Cheese Pancakes:
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima® Complete or Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese spread
What You'll Do
|1||For cran-apricot syrup, combine syrup, cranberries and apricots in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, uncovered. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8-10 minutes or until fruit is softened.|
|2||Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Keep warm.|
|3||For cream cheese pancakes, add pancake mix to medium bowl. Set aside.|
|4||Combine water and cream cheese using wire whisk. Mix until well blended; add to pancake mix. Mix just until large lumps disappear.|
|5||Proceed as package directs. Serve with warm Cran-Apricot Syrup.|
Cooking Tips & Variations
- To use Aunt Jemima® Original or Buttermilk Original Pancake & Waffle Mix, prepare mix according to package directions for 10-12 pancakes. Add 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese spread to 3/4 cups milk. Proceed as recipe directs.
- Aunt Jemima® Complete Pancake & Waffle mix was used for the nutritional analysis
- This recipe was contributed by a loyal consumer and tested by a professional home economist.
Calories: 370, Calories from Fat: 90, Total Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g, Cholesterol: 35mg, Sodium: 560mg, Total Carbohydrate: 65g, Sugars: 30g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Protein: 5g
Secrets to Perfect Pancakes
Other than egg substitute, there is no substitution for the eggs.