Butter Pecan Waffles with Bourbon Syrup
Recipe Yield: about 6 (4–inch) waffles
What You'll Need
- Browned Butter (recipe below)
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima Original Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Additional milk, if needed
- Bourbon Syrup (see recipe below)
- Toasted pecans (optional)
What You'll Do
|1||Prepare Browned Butter; set aside|
|2||Place pancake mix in large bowl. Add milk, egg and Browned Butter-pecan mixture. Stir until large clumps of batter disappear. If batter seems too thick, add additional milk one tablespoon at a time to reach desired thickness. Let batter stand 4 to 5 minutes before cooking.|
|3||Pour batter into lightly greased waffle iron. Bake until steam stops or as directed by waffle iron manufacturer. Serve with Bourbon Syrup or Aunt Jemima Syrup. Top with toasted pecans, if desired.|
- Browned Butter: Place 2 tablespoons unsalted butter in small skillet over low heat. (If possible use a light colored skillet to better determine the level of browning.) Increase to medium-low heat, stirring butter with heat proof spatula. Cook and stir until butter takes on desired brown color. Watch carefully; browning can happen fast. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans. Note: 2 tablespoons melted butter can be used in place of browned butter.
- Bourbon Syrup: For each 1/2 cup of Aunt Jemima Syrup, stir in 2 to 3 teaspoons bourbon. Heat over low heat if warm syrup is desired.