Stir until lumps disappear with a wire whisk. let batter stand 3-4 minutes to thicken.
Banana Bread Pancakes
Recipe Yield: 16 Pancakes
What You'll Need
- 2 medium firm-ripe bananas, peeled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima® Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup, warmed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted if desired
What You'll Do
|1||Combine sliced bananas and sugar in small bowl; set aside.|
|2||For pancakes, combine pancake mix, water, mashed bananas and cinnamon in medium bowl; stir with wire whisk until large lumps disappear.|
|3||For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot lightly greased griddle; top with 3 to 4 banana slices.|
|4||Turn when pancakes bubble and bottoms are golden brown.|
|5||Serve topped with warm Aunt Jemima® Syrup and pecans.|
Cooking Tips & Variations
- Chopped pecans can be found in the baking section. To toast, place in single layer on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, until fragrant, stirring once.
Calories: 340, Calories from Fat: 60, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 380mg, Total Carbohydrate: 66g, Sugars: 42g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Protein: 5g
Secrets to Perfect Pancakes
Other than egg substitute, there is no substitution for the eggs.