Recipe Yield: 6 servings (about 2 crepes each)
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup Aunt Jemima® Original Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Apple Filling:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups tart apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup or Lite Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Powdered sugar
What You'll Do
|1||Place pancake mix, eggs, milk and vegetable oil in blender container; cover and process on medium until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes; blend again for 5-10 seconds.|
|2||Melt a scant 1/2 teaspoon of butter in small (8–inch) nonstick skillet over medium heat. When butter starts to brown, reduce heat to medium-low and pour in a generous 2 tablespoons of batter, tilting pan to coat evenly with batter.|
|3||Cook 30 seconds or until top looks dry; carefully flip crepe and cook 30 seconds longer. Repeat with remaining batter. Blend batter occasionally if it becomes too thick.|
|4||Prepare Apple Filling. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add apples and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 6 minutes. Add syrup, cinnamon and salt; cook, stirring gently 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.|
|5||Place a small amount of warm apple filling in center of each cooked crepe. Fold both edges over filling and sprinkle with powdered sugar.|
Cooking Tips & Variations
- If crepes tear when flipped, cook a few seconds longer on first side before turning.
- Crepe batter can also be mixed in a bowl with a wire whisk.
- For a decadent dessert, top these crepes with Cinnamon Whipped Cream. In a chilled bowl, combine 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Aunt Jemima® Original Pancake & Waffle Mix or Aunt Jemima® Whole Wheat Pancake & Waffle Mix may be substituted if desired.