Recipe Yield: 6 servings (about 2 crepes each)
What You'll Need
- 1-1/2 cup Aunt Jemima® Easy Crepe Mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 eggs
- Apple Filling:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups tart apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup or Lite Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Powdered sugar
What You'll Do
|1||Combine crepe mix, water and eggs with a whisk until smooth.|
|2||Melt a scant 1/2 teaspoon of butter in small (8-inch) nonstick skillet over medium heat. When butter starts to brown, reduce heat to medium-low and pour in a generous 2 tablespoons of batter, tilting pan to coat evenly with batter.|
|3||Cook 30 seconds or until top looks dry; carefully flip crepe and cook 30 seconds longer. Repeat with remaining batter. Mix batter occasionally if it becomes too thick.|
|4||Prepare Apple Filling. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add apples and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 6 minutes. Add syrup, cinnamon and salt; cook, stirring gently 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.|
|5||Place a small amount of warm apple filling in center of each cooked crepe. Fold both edges over filling and sprinkle with powdered sugar.|
Cooking Tips & Variations
- If crepes tear when flipped, cook a few seconds longer on first side before turning.
- Make this recipe with Aunt Jemima® Original Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix instead! Place 3/4 cup Aunt Jemima® Original Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix, 3 eggs, 1 cup milk, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, in a blender; cover and process on medium until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes; blend again for 5-10 seconds. Then perform steps #2, #3, #4, and #5 above.
- For a decadent dessert, top these crepes with Cinnamon Whipped Cream. In a chilled bowl, combine 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.