- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1 pan white or yellow corn bread, cooled and crumbled (about 6 cups)
- 1 can (13 to 15 oz) chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In medium fry pan, saute celery and onion in melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
In large bowl, combine celery mixture with corn bread, broth, egg, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss lightly until bread is completely moistened.
Place in well-greased or sprayed 1-1/2 quart casserole or 8-inch square baking dish. Cover with lid or aluminum foil.
Bake 30 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking 15 to 20 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Stuffed Turkey - Lightly stuff dressing into body and neck cavities of one 12-pound turkey. Roast according to standard roasting directions.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Time to Table: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
Recipe Yield: 8
Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
Calories: 209, Calories from Fat: 95, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 676mg, Total Carbohydrates: 24g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Protein: 5g