- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small (2-1/2 – 3-inch diameter) Gala or Fuji apples, cored, cut crosswise into very thin slices
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima® Original Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup, warmed
For caramel apples, melt butter in large skillet. Add brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir until sugar is melted.
Add apples, stirring to coat with sugar mixture.
Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring frequently. Keep warm over low heat.
For pancakes, combine pancake mix and cinnamon in medium bowl.
Combine milk, egg and melted butter in small bowl with wire whisk; add to dry mixture.
Stir with wire whisk until large lumps disappear. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes to thicken.
For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
Turn when pancakes bubble and bottoms are golden brown.
Serve topped with apple mixture and Aunt Jemima® Syrup.
Recipe Yield: 10 Pancakes
Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Calories: 420, Calories from Fat: 120, Total Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 75mg, Sodium: 590mg, Total Carbohydrates: 71g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 53g, Protein: 5g