Old Fashioned Coffee Cake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (5 full size graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups Aunt Jemima® Original or Buttermilk Original Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray 9"x 13" baking pan with nonfat cooking spray.
- For topping, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, nuts and cinnamon in small bowl. Add butter, stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- For coffee cake, combine pancake mix and sugar in large bowl; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk, oil, egg and vanilla with wire whisk; add to dry ingredients.
- Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be thick.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Cooking Tip's and Variations
Old Fashioned Blueberry Coffee Cake: Add 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries to cake batter. Stir just until blueberries are incorporated. Proceed as recipe directs.
To use Aunt Jemima® Complete or Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix, decrease vegetable oil in coffee cake to 1 Tbsp. and proceed as recipe directs.
Aunt Jemima® Original Pancake & Waffle mix was used for the nutritional analysis
This recipe was contributed by a loyal consumer and tested by a professional home economist.
Recipe Yield: 15 servings
Serving Size: 1/15 of recipe
Calories: 270, Calories from Fat: 100, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 530mg, Total Carbohydrates: 39g, Dietary Fiber: <1g, Sugars: 20g, Protein: 4g